Lash Extension Aftercare
Now that you are fluttering those gorgeous eyelashes here are some quick tips to ensure you keep them looking their best!
Remember, just like hair, your natural lashes grow, and this means that your set will start to look less full over the weeks. After 2 – 3 weeks you will require a lash fill appointment, if you want to keep that full lash look.
You will see your eyelash extensions naturally shedding daily, so do not be alarmed as this is perfectly normal. Your natural eyelashes do this every day, but you just cannot see them.
Clients returning for infills must return with at least 50% of their set remaining, otherwise this will be classed as a full set and the full set fee will apply. Clients that attempt to return for an infill outside of the designated infill timeframe set by their therapist, may be charged for a full set of eyelash extensions due to the additional work now required to rectify the set.
At an infill we remove extensions that have grown out and twisted, and replace those extensions that have naturally shed with your natural lashes.
Humans shed approximately 2-5 natural eyelashes per upper lid, per eye, per day (lets average this at 3 per day), and your therapist will apply approximately 100 extensions to the suitable natural lashes of each eye, therefore you will see the following general loss patterns:
- After 7 days you will lose 21 extensions
- After 14 days you will lose 42 extensions
- After 21 days you will lose 63 extensions
Therefore after 2 weeks you may have lost close to half your set.
NB: It is normal to lose up to 5 extensions per eye within the first 24 hours, do not worry.
Now you can see why your lashes, just like your hair, have to be maintained to keep them looking their best; because eyelashes grow and shed daily!
Important Lash Extension Aftercare Points
Your Eyelash Extensions require very gentle care in order for the lashes to last longer and stay in good condition.
- Be gentle. Do not rub or pull on your eyelash extensions.
- Keep your Eyelash Extensions dry for 4-6 hours after your appointment.
- Keep all oil based products away from the eyes and remember that everything on your face will travel to the eye area.
Oil WILL breakdown the adhesive and you will have premature lash extension loss.
- Your hands can get dirty, and dirt is oily, so you’ll want to keep your fingers off your eyes unless cleansing.
- Lash tinting will need to be done 24-48 hours before your lash fill appointments.
- No perming the lashes!
- No saunas, facials, or swimming within 4-6 hours of application.
- Do not use Eyelash Curlers.
- You should be careful and take specific care with makeup and remover. Make sure it is Oil Free.
Do not use cotton on your lash extensions.
- Wash your lashes daily (after the initial 4-6 hours). Apply oil-free makeup remover with your fingers, rubbing gently down the lashes.
- Gently brush your lashes daily with your complimentary mascara wand.
Or you may apply oil-free makeup remover to your lashes using your mascara wand. Spray onto wand, brush through lashes gently, and rinse with warm water.
- Mascara should be washable and oil free and cannot be waterproof.
- Apply mascara to the tips of the lashes only. No need to swipe from bottom to top.
Ask your therapist about the recommended Lash Cleaner and Mascara
Do not attempt to remove any lashes on your own, call us for an appointment.
1) Aggressive behavior towards the lashes will cause the lash extensions to come off.
2) Keep oil off your lashes, including oils from your fingers.
3) If you wash them, you will wear them longer. Be sure to cleanse daily to remove oils.
4) Brushing solves most problems. Try brushing the lashes gently if you notice something amiss..